10 Lines on India Gate: Located in New Delhi, India, India Gate is a historical monument and a popular tourist spot. Britishers constructed this monument for honouring the soldiers who sacrificed their lives during World War 1 while fighting for the British army.
India Gate is also a prime location for the celebration of Republic Day and Independence Day, and thus their credibility again rises during these periods. Indians celebrate these national festivals here, witnessing how soldiers gather for a parade of national defence forces’ three wings. Additionally, during the celebrations, the President, Prime-Minister, and the Vice President of the nation and the other invited leaders gather near India Gate to witness the grandeur.
This article contains ten lines on India Gate, including all the details of the monument. These lines are beneficial for students of different age groups. These help the students use in the paragraphs, essays, speeches, and other requirements.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on India Gate for kids
This set of ten lines on India Gate is perfect for the kids of classes 1st to 5th:
- Situated in New Delhi, India, India Gate is a historical monument that Britishers built in India for paying homage to the brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives during World War 1.
- India gate also carries the name of all those brave soldiers engraved over it.
- The construction of this monument took around ten years. It started on February 1921 and ended on February 1931.
- Sir Edwin Lutyens designed this epic, monumental beauty, and it is also considered a masterpiece and a popular tourist spot.
- Soon after the construction of India Gate, a memorial ‘Amar jawan Jyoti’ was also constructed. Both these monumental buildings remind of the Indian soldiers’ bravery.
- India Gate is a war memorial, but it attracts many visitors due to its epic beauty and historical significance.
- On both the sides of India Gate, green laws are present, adding more charm and grace to its beauty.
- When India used to be a British colony, and the India soldiers had to fight for Britishers in World War 1, many of them lost their lives, and this monument reminds us of their bravery and sacrifice. This is a reason why this monument holds a special place in the hearts of the Indian citizens.
- This is one of the best initiatives that Britishers took for marking their respect for the Indian soldiers by building a special War memorial for them.
- India Gate pays tribute to sacrifice and bravery of around 70,000 Indian soldiers who courageously fought during World War 1.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on India Gate for School Children
This set of top ten lines is perfect for the children of classes 6th to 8th:
- Situated in New Delhi, India, India gate is one of the most popular tourist attractions of the country, visited by tourists worldwide.
- On the occasion of Independence Day and Republic Day, significant national level events are organized near India Gate and on the streets of Rajpath.
- The parade is organized from Rashtrapati Bhawan to India Gate, and all the three wings of the national defence service participate in it.
- India Gate is a unique monument that fills the hearts of Indian citizens with emotion and feeling of patriotism along with love and respect towards the nation and its soldiers.
- India Gate is a war memorial that faces the President’s house in New Delhi’s capital.
- India Gate is a monument that Britishers built to pay tribute to the nation’s soldiers who died fighting for them during World War 1. The designer of 66 other war memorials of Europe, Sir Edwin Lutyens designed India Gate’s structure.
- India Gate is situated on a base of red Bharatpur stone and is around 42 meters high in all.
- India Gate also shares a resemblance with Gwalior Fort’s Teli ka Mandir. This monument is more visited post dusk, as then it offers an illuminated view.
- India Gate includes the names of around 70,000 national soldiers who died in World War 1 and the names of female nurse staff killed in 1917.
- Beneath this epic monument, there lies Amar Jawan Jyoti. It inaugurated in 23rd Republic Day in 1972 by the nation’s previous prime Minister.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on India Gate for Higher Class Students
This is the set of ten best lines on India Gate for the students of classes 9th to 12th:
- Situated in the river Yamuna banks, in New Delhi, India, India Gate is a famous historical monument and a country’s tourist spot.
- Earlier India gate was termed All India War Memorial, as it is built for paying tribute to the national soldiers who sacrificed their lives during World War 1.
- On India Gate’s topmost arches, the name ‘India’ is inscribed on both sides.
- India Gate is a tribute to the brave Indian soldiers, and thus it evokes a feeling of patriotism and respect towards the nation and its soldiers.
- This is also a monument that inspires the soldiers and other nation citizens to show courage and patriotism towards the country.
- Sir Edward Lutyens of Britain designed this monument, and he is also the chief designer of the entire Delhi city.
- For the construction of the India Gate, Sir Edward Lutyens drew inspiration from Paris’s Arc de Triomphe.
- This epic monument is situated towards the eastern axial end of Rajpath, and it has a span of around 30 feet.
- National festivals, like Republic Day, Gandhi Jayanti, and Independence Day are celebrated near India Gate.
- The monument is covered with lawns from both sides, enhancing its beauty and grace.
Frequently Asked Questions on India Gate
What does India Gate denote?
India gate is not just a tourist spot, but it holds some higher moral values and emotions. Here are some fundamental values that this historic monument denotes:
- Patriotism: India’s most vital traits are the measurement of the patriotism in its citizens. It is a sense of belonging that lets the citizens put the country first, before anything and anyone else. India Gate celebrates the Indian citizens’ patriotism, paying tribute to the brave Indian soldiers who sacrificed their lives during World War 1.
- Unity in diversity: India is a diverse nation where people belong to different religions, caste, subcastes, and creed, and they follow other beliefs. Irrespective of their beliefs and category, all the citizens of the nation live in unity and peace. This depicts how everyone pays tribute to the nation’s brave soldiers without thinking about their differences.
- Celebrating the nation’s progress: On the national festivals, India showcases it’s technological, economic, and military strengths to the entire World. These festivals are celebrated mainly around India Gate, thus depicting the nation’s progress in the last century.
Explain the main story of India Gate.
India Gate is an iconic beauty and a monumental building with various historic importances. It is an arch gate, made using Sandstone, by the Britishers to pay tribute to the brave soldiers of the nation who sacrificed their lives during World War 1. It is a war memorial situated in Rajpath, Delhi.
When did the construction of India Gate start?
His Royal Highness, Connaught’s Duke, laid the foundation of India Gate in 1921. Sir Edwin Lutyens designed the monument, and it took almost ten years for its completion. The Viceroy, Lord Irwin, then dedicated this historic war memorial to the nation in 1931. After the country’s independence, another memorial, Amar Jawan Jyoti, was added to this Epic beauty, India Gate.
Briefly explain the importance of India Gate.
India Gate, situated in Rajpath, New Delhi, is one of the country’s important historical monuments, representing a war memorial. It serves as a tribute to around 70,000 Indian soldiers and female nurse staff, who sacrificed their lives during World War 1. This monument has a 42-metre high arch that Sir Edwin Lutyens designed. Previously known as All India War memorial, this epic monument also contains the name ‘India’ engraved on the top of both the arches, on both sides.