10 Lines on Cricket: Cricket has always been a gentle man’s game, which is played with bat and ball. The advent of Cricket dates back to the 16th century and has its origin from South East England. The game has become a religion in India in recent times as its popularity has become sky-high.
The game of Cricket is being played between two teams that comprise 11 players on each side. The game of Cricket has three major formats in which it is played. The three formats are Test matches, One Day International or commonly known as ODI, and Twenty-20 Cricket, or known as the T20 Cricket.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Cricket for kids
- Cricket was first played in the 16th century.
- Cricket was originated in South East England.
- The game of Cricket is the national game of England.
- 12 teams play the Test matches in recent times.
- The first international cricket match is said to be played between England and Australia.
- Every team needs to have 11 players in the Team to play the game.
- In India, Cricket was introduced by the English people.
- There are three types of players in Cricket that are known as batsman, bowler, and wicketkeeper.
- India first played its 1st cricket Test match in the year 1932.
- During the play, there two umpires present on the ground to make a neutral decision.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Cricket for School Children
- The game is played in three different test matches that last for 5days, and both teams need to wear white clothes. The second format is the One Day format, in which each Team plays 60 overs to decide the winner, and lastly, the third format is T20 Cricket, in which each Team plays 20 overs to decide the winner.
- While the game is on the bowling side has all the 11 players on the field, while on the other hand, the batting side can have only two batsman presents on the field.
- The game was initially played by high-ranking British officers and people from the higher grade of the society.
- Cricket is judged by two neutral persons who do not belong to any team known as Umpires.
- Cricket is governed by the international governing council known by the name of International Cricket Council or ICC.
- The game is majorly popular in Europe, Australia, Southern Africa, the Southern part of the Asian continent, and the West Indian islands.
- Women also play Cricket at the most competitive international level in recent times.
- The international matches started in the year 1844 but were recognized officially from the year 1877.
- 12 nations are permanent members of ICC that play international Cricket in all the available formats.
- The two most recent teams to receive their international state stature are Ireland and Afghanistan.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Cricket for Higher Class Students
- Although Cricket has been in existence since the 18th century, it’s limited over matches in the form of ODI came into existence in 1971.
- Initially, the One Day International matches were played for 60 overs for each side.
- The ICC organized the first cricket world cup in the year 1975 in England.
- The West Indies team was the first team to win the 1975 world cup and win the second world cup held in 1979 at the same venue as England.
- 1983 was when India won its first world cup under the captaincy of the legendary all-rounder Kapil Dev.
- The shortest Cricket format came into existence in 2006 and had its first world cup in the year 2007.
- India was the Team to win the T20 World Cup’s opening season under Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s captaincy.
- The game has many important tournaments that include the Champions Trophy, Asia Cup, World Cup, T20 World Cup, international Test Championship, and the Ashes.
- Apart from the permanent members, the game also includes many associate nations that compete to play the bigger tournaments.
- The game is played in a circular field with a 22-yard pitch in the middle of the field.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cricket
Which Team has won the most ODI World Cups?
Australia is the Team that has won the greatest number of World Cups with 5 times. The Team won the World Cup in 1987, 1999, 2003, 2007, and 2015.
How many World Cups has India won?
India has won 3 World Cups, 2 in the ODI format and 1 in the T20 format in the respective years of 1983, 2007, and 2011.