10 Lines on Computer: We live in an era where computers are not a luxury anymore. They can’t even be categorized as a necessity, but a bare minimum, just like oxygen, water and land. Can we even imagine our lives without computers?
The world will come to a standstill. Hands down. And that is the reason why learning about computers had become an extremely important talent wherever we go. Other than being a massively helpful device to make our lives easier, learning about computer advancements can land you in a lucrative job since the job market in the technological sector is booming and there is more demand for good talent than supply.
The advancements in computer technology have given rise to a new age industrial revolution known as the Industrial Revolution 4.0. Deep learning, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented and virtual realities and robotics are some of the few areas that have raised up promising a better future for all of us.
In this particular article on 10 lines on computers in English for school children, we are going to provide important aspects of computers that one should know, especially for the school and college students. We have divided the article into 3 sets, each set containing 10 lines on computers in English, with different difficulty levels.
At the end of this article, we shall make sure that you will have enough knowledge of computers to use in your assignments, project works, home works, tests, examinations and for general knowledge purposes.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Computer for Kids
Set 1 is helpful to the students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Kids
- A computer is a man-made device used to simplify human work.
- Charles Babbage, a great mathematician, is known as the father of computers.
- Computers accept commands from us and provide information outputs as a response in bytes.
- Mouse, keyboard, central processing unit (CPU) and monitors are a few very important accessories in a computer.
- Computers are used in schools, colleges, offices and even in our homes.
- Output and input theory is the basis on which computers work.
- Computers contain calculators, calendars, spreadsheets and can be connected to the internet.
- Supercomputers were known as the fastest computers in the world.
- The first and the most famous computer in the early 1980s was the McIntosh by Apple, invented by the legendary Steve Jobs
- The progress of computers has been mainly with respect to speed and portability as a result of which computers have progressed into laptops and palmtops.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Computer for School Children
Set 2 is helpful to students of classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Computers are the lifeline for every industry, business, schools and colleges in today’s world. The analogue era is gone and everything is stored and operated digitally in today’s world.
- Given the amount of work computers can do, they have been replacing human beings in many factories and industries and hence it would be fair to say that automation is the next big thing in the world of business.
- Computers contain motherboards with input and output signals that help them conduct complicated operations in a few seconds.
- The debate between artificial intelligence and human intelligence has been a roaring one in the last few decades around the world. There are people who argue that automation will increase efficiency and reduce lead times but on the other hand, automation and artificial intelligence can undermine human intelligence and cause massive unemployment in the world.
- Computers have not only made our day to day lives easier but has improved our efficiency, in both personal and professional life.
- Children can not only use computers for their academic purpose but also for entertainment and leisure time because you can play video games and watch movies on computers.
- Given the importance of computers to everyone cutting across age, field and interests, many governments across the world including certain Indian state governments are providing free laptops to school children and office goers to fulfil their day to day needs.
- The covid-19 pandemic has taught us the importance of the digital world since everyone started working from home
and the demand for computers and computer-related skills skyrocketed.
Internet start apps like Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter has increased the usage of computers and smartphones across the world
- The next technological revolution in the world will be artificial intelligence where computers will tell us what to do instead of us telling them what to do.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Computer for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful to students of classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and for Competitive Exams.
- The world’s the first computer was named ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer) which was also the first programmable general-purpose electronic instrument invented by human beings. This was one of the first steps in the technological revolutions of our society.
- The biggest computer maker in the world is an American company founded by Michael Dell, Dell Technologies.
- While everything sounds hunky-dory about computers, the data we store on computers can come with its own risks from hacking, viruses, shutdowns and theft. Privacy concerns have become a talking point of the 21st century due to the monopolisation of companies like Google, Facebook and Whatsapp.
- The debate about privacy of data and the right to privacy being a fundamental right, has popped up in recent years due to the gradual increase in the usage of the Internet in smartphones and computers across the world and many governments are coming up with policies and frameworks to protect their data and the privacy of their citizens.
- The biggest threat to the usage of computers is hackers and viruses because they can steal sensitive information that is stored in your computer like your bank account details, academic details, sensitive information about your business etc.
- In the year 1780, the very first idea of computers was put down on a paper called as a difference engine by an engineer known as Johann Heinrich Muller.
- Computers has greatly affected our personal relationships on top of professional relationships as evidenced by the increase in usage of dating apps such as tinder and Bumble.
- The entire economic outlook of the world is run on computers because 92% of the world’s currency exists only on computers and the trend of Bitcoin has in fact revolutionised the financial world thanks to the advancement in computer technology.
- The threat looming over us regarding hacking of computers and theft is so evident that once a 15-year-old student from the United States of America hacked into the core data centre of NASA and shut down its operations for more than 3 weeks.
- The era of processing cheques and debit cards physically is becoming redundant as more and more banks are going digital and using computers. Customers hardly go to banks physically to do any type of transaction since they would rather do it on their computer in the comfort of their homes.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Computer
Which is the world’s first computer?
ENIAC was the world’s first computer conceptualization.
Which is the world’s fastest computer?
The world’s fastest computer is a Japanese supercomputer called Fugaku.
Who invented computers?
A mathematician known as Charles Babbage invented computers. Charles Babbage is also known as the father of computers.
Which is the largest computer company in the world?
Lenovo and Dell are two of the world’s biggest computer manufacturers in the world and both of them account for more than 50% of the world’s market share.