10 Lines on Balanced Diet: A balanced diet aims to meet an individual’s nutritional needs to ensure that the body functions properly. It includes food from the five food groups – carbohydrates, proteins, dairy products, fruits and vegetables, and fats and sugars.
A balanced diet ensures that a person does not exclude any of the mentioned food groups from their diet. Instead, it ensures that a person consumes controlled and healthy portions of each group. A balanced diet is essential to meet nutrient requirements and reduce the risk of illness. Below, there are three sets of 10 lines on a balanced diet, which will help students write essays or write assignments about a balanced diet. Below, there are three sets of 10 lines on a balanced diet that will help students who are looking to write essays or write assignments about balanced diets.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Balanced Diet for kids
The following ten lines on the balanced diet will be useful for students and children in classes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- A balanced diet is vital for a person to have a healthy body.
- Consuming junk food often is not suitable for our health.
- A balanced diet is one that includes food from all food groups.
- The primary source of energy for our body is carbohydrates.
- Fruits and vegetables provide us with essential vitamins that keep us healthy.
- Proteins help children grow and become stronger.
- We should avoid eating too many sweets.
- All these food groups allow our bodies to function correctly.
- A balanced diet makes us more fit and active.
- It helps improve our well-being.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Balanced Diet for School Children
The following 10 Lines on a balanced diet will help students in classes 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- A balanced diet is essential to maintain our body in optimum condition.
- A balanced diet consists of the following – proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables, and sugars.
- It ensures that we consume all these foodstuffs. It does not omit any of the groups.
- A balanced diet reduces the risk of diseases such as diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure. It helps prevent the onset of heart diseases.
- A balanced diet includes moderate levels of salt, fats and sugars. Consuming them in high quantities is unhealthy.
- Vegetables, fruits and legumes provide us with essential vitamins and roughage that our bodies require.
- A healthy diet makes us more energised and boosts immunity. It is vital to maintain portion control rather than eliminating certain foods from our diet.
- A balanced diet also helps to maintain adequate body weight.
- A low diet affects our ability to carry out daily activities and reduces our performance capacity.
- A balanced diet must be accompanied by physical exercise.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Balanced Diet for Higher Class Students
The following 10 lines on a balanced diet for students will help students of 10, 11, and 12.
- A balanced diet involves the intake of essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals and proteins that our body requires.
- Unhealthy eating habits can increase the risk of heart ailments, diabetes, high cholesterol, and inhibits growth and development of an individual.
- Experts recommend drinking six to eight glasses of water to keep the body hydrated and replenished.
- Whole grains contain required fibre and proteins as well as keep blood sugar in check.
- Proteins are vital to repair body cells and keep them healthy. It is also required to produce new cells. It is a macronutrient that is necessary for digestion and regulation of hormones.
- Carbohydrates provide us with essential glucose, which is the body’s primary source of energy.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin A, C, E, iron, and magnesium, which is critical for our bodily functions.
- World Food Day is commemorated on the 16th of October to celebrate the establishment of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation.
- The day is celebrated to raise awareness about healthy dietary habits, food security and tackling hunger.
- The theme for World Food Day in 2020 was “Grow, nourish, sustain. Together. Our actions are our future.”
Frequently Asked Questions on Balanced Diet
What is a balanced diet?
A balanced diet is a diet which consists of a variety of different foods which provide adequate amounts of nutrients which are essential for all human beings. When you have a balanced diet, you will not have any deficiency because of the sufficient amounts of all the necessary nutrition. It consists of a healthy dose of fibres, iron, proteins, and carbohydrates.
What happens when you don’t have a healthy diet?
When you don’t have a healthy diet, your body will be prone to diseases, fatigue and low performance. Insufficient amount of nutrients will contribute to stress, tiredness and our ability to work. When you don’t have a balanced diet, people become prone to health problems like being overweight, obese, tooth decay and high blood pressure.
What happens when you don’t eat?
Eating is an activity which everyone should do every day. When people don’t eat, their bodies get affected severely. The first signs of not eating food that your body will show are fatigue because of not getting sufficient nutrients and proteins. Children that don’t eat will face problems later in life such as cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. When people stop eating, they start getting ill more often, and they start facing issues like hair problems and skin problems.
Are carbohydrates bad for you?
Carbohydrates are not bad for you. It is a significant source of fuel and nutrients for your body. Even if you have a goal to lose weight, carbohydrates should be a part of your diet. They are an essential part of your food because of their goods, which is critical for your body. You need to start looking at the carbohydrates you eat and make a chart of what kind of food you want to eat. Vegetables, fruits and whole grains are the best sources of carbohydrates that are essential for your body.