10th standard is one of the most gullible stages in one’s life where everything seems uncertain while, at the same time, everything seems possible. As they say “the world will be your oyster” at the age of 16-17 and with the right directions and guidance, the molding of the iron at that particular age is very important.
Students who have just cleared their 10th standard examination will have thousands of questions in their minds about which direction to take their careers ahead. Plenty of them will be thinking of taking science as their background while others will be interested in commerce while few others will be interested in arts. But there will be a very handful of them who will be interested in actually following their passion and making a career out of it and these are the people who stand out from the crowd.
If you are one search person whose passion and ambition lies in hotel management then this particular article on a one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th is going to guide you in the best possible way on how to pursue the course and what to expect after graduation from 1-year diploma in hotel management.
This article on the one-year diploma in hotel management after 10th at best is going to give you direction for your career but will not help you make the final judgment call. Because at the end of the day every person is different, their problems and ambitions will be different and it won’t be fair on our part to say whether a diploma in hotel management after 10th standard is good for you or not.
- What is a 1-year diploma in hotel management after 10th?
- Who should do a 1-year diploma in Hotel Management after the 10th Standard?
- 1 Year Diploma in Hotel Management after 10th Eligibility
- Admission Process for 1 Year Diploma in Hotel Management After 10th
- Top Colleges to Pursue One Year Diploma in Hotel Management after 10th in India
- 1 Year Diploma in Hotel Management Fees
- One Year Diploma in Hotel Management Course Structure
- Subjects in 1 Year Hotel Management Diploma Course
- Diploma Courses in Hotel Management After 10th
- Top Recruiters that hire One Year Hotel Management Diploma Course Candidates
- Salary after One Year Diploma in Hotel Management after 10th
One year diploma in hotel management after 10th standard is a special program that very few universities in India offer that will equip students and make them industry-ready within 1 year at the tender age of 17 or 18.
The course duration, being just one year is divided into two semesters and teaches students different aspects of Hotel Management including supply chain, human resources, marketing and sales, business development, finance, accounting and the rudimentary aspects of catering technology, and basic principles of hotel management
Students interested in pursuing their career in industries such as tourism can pursue this course of a one-year diploma in hotel management after completing their 10th standard.
Not everyone is cut out to pursue a career in hotel management, especially after the 10th standard, at such a tender age. Below are the category of people that we recommend should pursue this course of 1-year diploma in hotel management,
- People whose passion lies in hospitality, cooking, management, organization, and hotel servicing should pursue this course in hotel management.
- People who want to get into the job market as quickly as possible and start being financially stable at a very young age can pursue this course of 1-year diploma in hotel management
- Students whose aptitude lies in arts, communications, and creative tendencies should think about pursuing a career in hotel management.
- People whose financial background is not up to par to pursue courses in medicine or engineering can think of a one-year diploma in hotel management.
Now that you know whether or not you fall into the category of any of the points above, in the subsequence sections of this article on a one-year diploma in hotel management courses after the 10th, we are going to give you a fundamental idea of how to do the course, where to do the course and what to expect after graduation. First of all, let us answer some fundamental questions related to a 1-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th.
- The candidate should have passed his or her 10th standard from a recognized board in India such as ICSE, CBSE, or State Board
- The candidate should not have any backlogs in their 10th standard at the time of admission to a one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th.
- The candidate should necessarily have English as their first medium of communication in higher secondary school and this aspect is prescribed by most of the universities in India
- The candidate should have cleared his or her entrance examination with the required cut-off to be eligible to get a seat in the college of his or her choice for the course of diploma in hotel management after 10th.
Certain universities and pre-university boards will have a mandatory entrance examination to get a seat in a one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th standard. As a result of which the student has to clear the entrance examination with the prescribed cut-off by the college management board to get admission for the course diploma in hotel management.
Most of the public universities, Government, and government-aided colleges admit students into the diploma in hotel management course based on the student’s marks in 10th standard which means they admit students only based on merit and not through any entrance examination or personality test.
Certain universities also conduct extra rounds for admissions such as group discussions or personality tests to gauge the effectiveness of the candidate for the course of a one-year diploma in hotel management after 10th. The application forms of these universities can be obtained either through their official website or by visiting their campuses and admission offices.
One has to note that the candidate has to have the eligibility criteria to apply for the same and below we have given the eligibility criteria prescribed by most of the education boards of India to get admission in 1-year diploma in hotel management after 10th.
Below are some of the top colleges where one can pursue their one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th standard:
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Bhubaneswar
- Maples International Institute of air hostess training, Delhi
- Sambhram College of Hotel Management, Bengaluru
- JB Institute of Hospitality, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai
- Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
- Institute of Hotel Management RIG, Greater Noida
The tuition fee, the expenses on books, and other curricular activities for a one-year diploma in hotel management vary from college to college but on average, it should not cost more than one lakh rupees for the entire course including the tuition fee. However, the student can also start earning during the course if he or she is competent enough to get a paid internship in any of the top hospitality sectors in India.
One of the most attractive points for a student to pursue a diploma in hotel management after the 10th is the fee structure itself. We say this because the return on investment (ROI) will be very high and if you have spent a little bit over 1 lakh for 1 year for this diploma course, then with proper hard work and dedication you can land a job with more than 3 to 4 lakhs per annum in any of the reputed tourism sector companies in the country and their return on investment will be more than one.
One year diploma in hotel management after 10th standard is divided into two semesters 6 months each. Candidates will have to clear two exams at the end of each semester to get the diploma certificate. In certain universities, the one-year diploma in hotel management also expects 2 months of compulsory internship in any of the recognized hotels as per the student’s choice.
While the core structure remains more or less the same, the subject thought and the methodology of teaching may vary from college to college within the country. Some of the popular subjects that are thought for Hotel Management graduates after 10th standard are.
- Information systems
- Marketing sales and strategy
- Properties of development and management
- Hygiene and food safety
- Housekeeping operations
- Supply chain operations
- Inventory management
- Food and Beverage Service Management
- Travel and tourism management
- Hospitality law
- Economic and statistics
- Organizational behaviour
- Human Resource Management
- Supply chain analytics
- Hospitality communication
- Hotel Engineering
- Management of communication
- Organization design
- Finance and accounting
- Accommodation operations
Plenty of diploma courses in hotel management is there that one can pursue after his or her 10th standard but it might not necessarily be a one-year diploma course. For a student to get a 360-degree overview of the Hotel Management courses in India, we have also given the names of diploma courses that one can pursue which might be of the duration of 3 years or 4 years.
- Diploma in food services
- Diploma in front office operations
- Diploma in bakery and confectionery
- Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in hotel management
- Diploma in Catering Technology and Hotel Management
- Diploma in food and beverage production
- Diploma in food and catering Technology
- Tourism departments of various state governments in India
- Tourism Ministry of India
- Online tourism portals such as MakeMyTrip Thomas Cook clear trip etc
- 7 or 5-star hotels chains across India such as the Taj group of hotels, the ITC group of hotels, are the Trident group of hotels
More than the salary and the pay package at the beginning of the career, students should focus on the kind of exposure that they are going to get in this job. We say this because at the beginning of the career student might not earn as much as he or she wants but 5 years down the lane, depending on the rich experience that he or she has gained during the initial part of the years, they might be earning fat pay packages ranging from anywhere between INR 3 lakh per month to INR 5 lakh per month. Some of the top recruiters of candidates for a graduate one-year diploma in hotel management course are.
After graduating with a one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th, one might land a job that pays anywhere between INR 20000 per month to Rs. 50000 per month. However, this number can vary and depends on various factors such as the competency of the student, the brand of the college that he or she is passing from, the placement records of the college that he or she is passing from, the job market scenario at that point of time and academic scores of the candidate at the end of the course of one-year diploma in hotel management.
FAQs on Diploma in Hotel Management Course after 10th?
1. Which is the top college to pursue a one-year diploma in hotel management after 10th?
Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai is considered the top college in India to pursue a diploma in hotel management after 10th because of its stellar placement records, faculty, and the crowd that it attracts year on year
2. Is it worth doing a one-year diploma in hotel management?
While a one-year diploma in hotel management course might not give an in-depth analysis and knowledge of the subject for students as compared to engineering in hotel management or a 3-year diploma in hotel management, this course will give a head start the students to start their career early in life because the hands-on experience that the students receive in the industries is much more valuable than the theoretical experience or the classroom experience that their counterparts receive in Bachelors of a masters degree.
3. What is the average salary of a graduate with a diploma in hotel management after the 10th?
The graduate with a one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th will earn anywhere between INR 20000 per month to INR to 50000 per month depending on his or her competency level.
4. How much will it cost to pursue a one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th?
It will not cost more than one lakh, whether it’s a private or public university, to pursue a one-year diploma in hotel management after the 10th and this includes the tuition fee, the books fee, and other expenses related to the curriculum.