Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2024: Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship is an initiative of the Department of Biotechnology, which falls under the purview of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India. The fellowship aims to provide a research platform for highly skilled Indian researchers working overseas in various domains of biotechnology, life sciences, and allied sciences.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Also known as the Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship, the Fellows will be able to work in any of the universities and scientific institutions across India. The Fellows will also be eligible for regular research grants and various other benefits under the Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship. Candidates can access the official website at Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship.
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
If the following criteria are fulfilled, the candidate is deemed eligible
- Candidate must be an Indian National working overseas in the field of biotechnology, bioengineering, life sciences, health care, veterinary science, agriculture, and other allied areas.
- Candidates must possess a P.hD or its equivalent degree with an exceptional track record.
- The candidate must also possess at least three years of experience after their being awarded P.hD. Two years of their experience must be from an overseas research facility/ laboratory.
- Candidates must not be more than 45 years of age as on the last date of application.
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship Application Process
Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship as follows:
- Click here to download the application form.
- Submit a soft copy (PDF format) and a hard copy to the email ID and address below. To ensure that both the online and the offline copies of the applications are duly filled.
Dr. Kakali Dev Dasgupta, Scientist-E
Department of Biotechnology
Block-2, 7th Floor
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
New Delhi -110 003
Email: [email protected].
Also, applicants have to send the softcopy of the completely filled application form and documents to [email protected]
Documents Required for Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship
- Hardcopies of two letters of recommendation
- Detailed research proposal of around 3-4 pages
- The significant research contribution is done by the candidate in his/her work (not more than 5 pages)
- List of 5 best research papers along with their reprints
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship Benefits and Nature of Assistance
Selected Fellows will receive the following benefits
- Consolidated remuneration of INR 1,00,000 per month
- HRA of 18,500 per month. However, if the Fellow receives accommodation from the host institution, HRA is not applicable
- INR 10 lakhs contingency/ research grant for 1st and 2nd year
- INR 7.50 lakhs contingency/ research grant for 3rd and 4th year
- INR 5.00 lakhs contingency/ research grant for 5th year
- Medical benefits, leave travel allowance, transport allowance, and various other benefits as per the Government of India norms.
Note: The fellowship amount is taxable as per Government of India norms.
FAQ’s On Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship
What is the official website to access the Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship application form?
Candidates can access the official website at the Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship site.
What are the selection criteria for the Fellowship?
Primary criteria are that the candidate must be an Indian National working overseas in the field of biotechnology, bioengineering, life sciences, health care, veterinary science, agriculture, and various other allied areas.