Naropa Fellowship 2020: The Naropa Fellowship is a residential, postgraduate program that seeks to create and bring a change towards an ecosystem of growth and entrepreneurship in Ladakh and the Himalayan region. It is offered by the Naropa Fellowship Programme.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Naropa Fellowship not only focuses on retaining local talent but also developing entrepreneurial skills that can help foster a healthy socio-economic environment. Moreover, the fellowship also aims to address the pressing issue of unemployment and poverty. The total duration of the program is one year
Naropa Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are deemed eligible if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Open to working professionals and students from India, Nepal, and Bhutan. Preference will be given to candidates from Ladakh and the Himalayan regions
- Also open to candidates from other regions who are interested in cultural preservation, tourism, entrepreneurship, and ecological issues.
- Candidates must have completed their undergraduate in any discipline.
- Extracurricular engagement and a strong academic record are preferred
- A sense of commitment and vision towards the growth and development of Ladakh and the Himalayan regions.
Naropa Fellowship Benefits
The Fellows are entitled to the following benefits:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Hostel accommodation
Naropa Fellowship Application Process and Selection Criteria
- Interested candidates must visit the Naropa’s official website
- Register https://naropafellowship.org/home/registration?/home/registration
- Fill in the required details
- On submitting the details, the candidates will receive an application ID on their registered email.
- Use the application ID to login and fill up the application form.
- Attach prescribed documents and submit the form.
- Candidates must download the application form from https://naropafellowship.org/apply.html
- Fill in relevant details and attach the prescribed documents
- Send the completed application form to the address below
Naropa Fellowship Programme
Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts & Communication,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
Adchini, New Delhi – 110017
Download Naropa Fellowship Application From PDF
Naropa Fellowship Selection Criteria
- Candidates will be called for a face-to-face interview in Leh, Hemis, or New Delhi. In select cases, a Skype or a telephonic interview will be held.
- The fellowship is awarded on the basis of merit as well as the candidate’s financial needs.
Naropa Fellowship Dates and Timeline
|Application Window Opens||January 8, 2020|
|Application Window Closes||March 1, 2020|
|Last Date For Interviews||March 15, 2020|
|Results/Offers||March 31, 2020|
|Application Window Opens||March 2, 2020|
|Application Window Closes||May 1, 2020|
|Last Date For Interviews||May 15, 2020|
|Results/Offers||May 31, 2020|
|Application Window Opens||May 2, 2020|
|Application Window Closes||July 15, 2020|
|Last Date For Interviews||July 20, 2020|
|Results/Offers||July 31, 2020|
Note: Round 1 window is closed as of publishing this article.
FAQ’s On Naropa Fellowship 2020
What is the Naropa Fellowship’s official website?
Candidates can find more details about the fellowship on https://naropafellowship.org/.
What are the benefits given to the Fellows?
The Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Naropa Fellowship fee waiver
- State of the art hostel accommodation with solar-powered centralized heating.
- Meals – three times a day.