INSA Fellowship: The INSA Fellowship falls under the purview of the Indian National Science Academy. The INSA Visiting Scientist Programme’s primary aim is to recognize the works of scientists and provide the necessary support to further the research. Moreover, even faculties serving at universities are also eligible for the scholarship.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
INSA or the Indian National Science Academy was formed in 1935 with the objective to promote science in India. Today, INSA offers talented and meritorious individuals from various fields of science a fellowship to support their scientific works. Read on to explore the eligibility criteria, selection process, benefits and more on the INSA Summer Fellowship. Download INSA Fellowship Application Form PDF from here.
INSA Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are deemed eligible if they fulfill any one of the following criteria:
- Candidates must be scientists in any R&D organization OR
- Candidates can also be working as facilities in affiliated universities or colleges in India.
Note: Individuals who have availed the INSA visiting scientist program in the last year are not eligible.
INSA Fellowship Benefits
Selected Fellows will be awarded a consolidated amount of INR 30,000 per month to cover their expenses related to lodging, boarding, and traveling. The total duration of the fellowship varies from 30 days to six months (based on the nature of work)
INSA Fellowship Application Process and Selection Criteria
- Interested candidates are required to download the application form from http://www.insaindia.res.in/
- Fill in the required details
- Attach the prescribed documents to the application
- Send the application (TWO SETS) to
Deputy Executive Director-I (Scientific)
Indian National Science Academy
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi – 110002
- Candidates must ensure that the applications are received to the aforementioned address on or before January 31st, preceding the year of selection.
INSA Fellowship Selection Criteria and Results
- The candidates’ application will be reviewed and scrutinized by the Science Promotion Committee, which is to be scheduled the following year during March/ April (tentative).
- The total fellowship awarded will be limited to a maximum of 120 man-months per year.
- The decision of the Academy will be final
INSA Fellowship Dates
Next Application Window: January 2024.
Documents Required for INSA Fellowship
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- A detailed account of the study/ plan-of-work..
- Curriculum vitae.
FAQ’s On INSA Fellowship
What is the INSA’s official website
The official website can be accessed at http://insaindia.res.in/.
What is the stipend amount given to the Fellows?
Selected Fellows will be awarded an amount of INR 30,000 per month.