DST Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020: DST Postdoctoral Fellowship is an initiative of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The fellowship is primarily meant to pursue research in the field of Nano Science and Technology. Hence, the fellowships are awarded under the purview of the Mission on Nano Science and Technology by the DST.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
DST Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in most universities and research institutions across India. These also include non-profit research and development institutions. The total tenure of the application is 2 years, however, in very exceptional cases, it can be extended for 3 years. Read on to explore the DST Postdoctoral selection process, benefits and eligibility criteria of DST Fellowship for PhD 2020, DST Postdoctoral Fellowship in Nano Science and Technology.
Research/Job Area – Nano Science & Technology
Location – Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the following criteria to be deemed eligible:
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Engineering/Science OR the candidate must have submitted the Ph.D. thesis with research interest primarily in Nano Science and Technology, along with an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must be below the age of 40
- Candidates are required to work in other areas rather than the one they have obtained their doctoral degree.
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship Amount
- Fellows will receive a consolidated monthly stipend of INR 55,000
- Individuals who have submitted their P.hD thesis but are yet to be awarded the title will also be paid a monthly stipend of INR 55,000 if selected.
- Fellows will also receive an annual research contingency grant of INR 2,00,000
- The funds are disbursed through the host university/ institution.
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Process
Interested candidates are to send their applications to the address mentioned below:
To the Administrative Officer,
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship in NST
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Bangalore 560 064
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship Selection Process
The prospective candidates will be selected after scrutinization their research proposal, biodata, and performance in their interview by a search-cum-selection committee.
The major key factors for selection are the candidate’s academic and research track record. The merit of the proposed research along with the availability of facilities in the host institution are key factors for selection. If se
DST Postdoctoral Fellowship Last Date
Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Selection will be made periodically.
Download DST Postdoctoral Application form to apply for DST Postdoctoral Fellowship.
FAQ’s On DST Postdoctoral Fellowship
What is the monthly stipend received by a DST Postdoctoral Fellow?
Selected Fellows will receive a consolidated monthly stipend of INR 55,000.
When is the application period beginning for the Fellowship?
The application window is open throughout the year.