GK Questions for Kids: Having a basic general knowledge at an early age changes your kid’s level of thinking and intelligence. GK is the most important part of education, it helps children to gain more knowledge about academics and general awareness. Also, it aids in creating social awareness, possessing knowledge of social and general aspects support your little one with their mental development, civil abilities, and civic senses.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers for kids cover facts on various topics from science to history, from the constitution to civics, and many others. These GK Questions for Kids are for all age groups between 4 to 12 and high school students as well as graduates. Also, you can find an elaborative explanation for a few of the General Knowledge topics on our site that helps you to revise and memorize the answers to all questions.
This Article Includes:
The kids who are in this age group from 4 to 7 are very interested in learning the things in their surroundings. The only way to make them acquire general knowledge is by engaging with fun learning activities. The best way to engage the kids is with the GK questions and answers. Here, we have added some simple GK Questions for children to explore and expand their General Knowledge level along with the academic level of knowledge.
1. How many days are there in a normal year?
Answer: 365 (not a leap year)
2. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
3. What is a baby frog known as?
4. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
5. We breathe with our—?
Answer: Nose & Mouth
6. How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
7. Which month of the year has the least number of days?
8. Which day comes after Saturday?
9. How many days are there in a Leap year?
10. What do you call the person who brings a letter to your home from the post office?
11. Which are the vowels in the English alphabet series?
Answer: A, E, I, O, U
12. How many hours do we have in a day?
Answer: 24 hours
13. How many continents are there in the world?
Answer: 7 continents
14. What is 4+5?
15. Which is the largest planet in our Solar system?
If your kids turn 8-10 years then they start discovering new things occurring around them and raises a lot of questions to parents, grandparents, educators to get answers and they will also relate them to their education. At this age group studying things about general awareness can improve their knowledge about society and the world. They show some interest in knowing & acquiring general knowledge from books and the internet too. Here is the list of GK Questions for Kids of age group 8 to 10.
16. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert?’
17. What type of gas do plants release?
18. Who was the first prime minister of India?
Answer: Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
19. Which animal is called King of Jungle?
20. Which color symbolizes peace?
21. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
22. Which planet is nearest to the Earth?
23. Who is India’s first lady Prime Minister?
Answer: Indira Gandhi
24. Which is the World’s longest River?
25. How many years are there in one Millenium?
Answer: 1,000 years
26. How many primary colors are there?
Answer: Three (red, yellow, blue)
27. Which is the largest animal in the world?
Answer: Blue whale
28. What is the top color in a rainbow?
29. Which place is known as the roof of the world?
30. Which is the smallest continent?
Kids at this age can relate some of the education topics to real-life things. Also, this age group is the best to understand & learn many things. So, we have jotted down General knowledge questions for children from academics, general topics, current affairs, history, etc. This list of GK Questions for Classes 4 to 6 can be tough compare with the above lists.
31. Which is the thickest jungle in the world?
Answer: The Amazon rainforest
32. What type of bird lays the largest eggs?
33. Which country is called the land of the rising sun?
34. Which is the fastest animal on the land?
35. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
36. Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
37. Trout, carp and, barracuda are names of what?
38. Which is the world’s largest flower?
39. How many zeros are there in one hundred thousand?
40. How many months of the year have 31 days?
Answer: 7 (January, March, May, July, August, October, and December)
41. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong
42. Which Saint’s Day is celebrated on 14th February?
Answer: Saint Valentine
43. The largest ‘Democracy’ in the world?
44. Which is the largest country in the world?
Answer: Russia (By area)
45. Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean
One of the easiest formats to answer the GK Questions asked in various competitive exams is Multiple Choice Questions. It is pretty simple to answer than the basic questions and answers format in GK Quizzes. So, here we have shared some of the General knowledge multiple choice questions with answers in English.
46. What is the most popular sport throughout the world?
47. How many cards are there in a complete pack of cards?
48. What is the place where books are kept called?
49. How many planets are there in our solar system?
50. How many digits are there in Mathematics?
51. What is the 15th letter of the English alphabet?
52. Which was the occupation or job of the following famous people: Leonardo da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh?
53. Which of the following birds is known for its intelligence?
54. Which one is not amongst the Seven Wonders of the World?
A. Mecca Madina
B. Statue of Liberty
C. Taj Mahal
D. The Great Wall of China
Answer: Mecca Madina
55. Can you name the country from where Parmesan cheese comes?
Most of the students confused to decide what is right and what is wrong when a statement is given in an exam about current affairs or general things. To break that confused state in every kid, we have given the facts here in the form of True or false GK Quiz Questions for Children. So, check it out and understand the facts happening in the world.
56. There are 31 days in May.
57. Half of 250 is 75.
58. Plants absorb Carbon dioxide.
59. 8 o’clock in the evening is written as 8 pm.
60. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
61. William Shakespeare is a scientist.
Answers: False (He is a dramatist)
62. Humans have four hearts.
63. There are over 330 different dog breeds in the world.
64. Electrons are larger than molecules.
65. Watermelons are originally from Australia.
Answer: False (originally from West Africa)
66. Dodo is an endangered bird.
Answers: False (Dodo is an extinct bird)
67. There are 11 players in a cricket team.
68. Bubble gum contains rubber.
69. Adult dogs and adult humans have the same number of teeth.
70. The deadliest earthquake of 2017 took place in Iran and Iraq.
Being active in all situations keeps your mind fresh and improves your memory power. So it is very important to do physical activities like indoor or outdoor games. Students will have full of memories of playing sports in schools along with hectic classroom sessions.
GK Questions about the world and India national sports is also one of the essential topics for kids to learn and gain knowledge. Therefore, below we have listed out some of the General Knowledge Questions and Answers for kids about sports games.
71. What is the national game of the USA?
72. Who is Sachin Tendulkar?
Answer: A Cricketer
73. When is the national sports day of India observed?
Answer: August 22
74. Total Olympic medals won by India in 2012
75. In which year Olympic Games were canceled because of World War I?
76. Which is the National sport of Canada?
Answer: Lacrosse/Ice hockey
77. How many players in one team of Kho Kho?
78. Commonwealth Games are held in every _ years
Answer: 4 years
79. How many players are there in the Basket Ball team?
80. In which sports, the term HAT-TRICK is used?
Quiz Games is the funniest way to learn about various concepts along with playing. The below provided GK Quiz Game is Odd One Out, here your kids will observe the group of words. In the given group of words, one is not related to the rest of the words. So, kids have to identify the one which is an odd word in the group and answer it.
81. Medicine, Injection, Ointment, Laptop
82. Hammer, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cobbler
83. Cabbage, Potato, Capsicum, Tomato
84. Knife, Poison, Gun, Books
85. Earrings, Necklace, Wood, Bracelet
86. Theater, Ticket, Movie, School
87. Paper, Poster, Book, Rug
88. Carrot, Mango, Banana, Apple
89. Ball, Bat, Stump, Hockey stick
Answer: Hockey stick
90. Television, History, Science, Math
91. Which is the hardest substance available on earth?
92. Who discovered what gravity is?
Answer: Sir Isaac Newton
93. How many bones do an adult human have?
Answer: 206 bones
94. Which number is known as the Ramanujan number?
95. Who is known as the father of Mathematics?
96. Which planet is known as the ‘Dwarf Planet’?
97. What makes up (approx.) 80% of our brain’s volume?
98. Which language is used by the computer to process data?
Answer: Binary language
99. Which continent is known as the ‘Dark’ continent?
100. Which is the largest animal on land?
Answer: African Elephant
If you have been in thought of having general knowledge is enough for your life then you are wrong as it has vast concepts about various things which you’ve to treasure more. So, always update your general knowledge from time to time by using the provided lists of GK Questions for Kids and improve your knowledge to the next level. Also, make your kids learn & practice more GK Quizzes for better intelligence and think smarter.
Also, we’re welcome to add a new list of General Knowledge Questions and Answers from your suggestions so make it happen for other students’ benefits. If you want to show some love to this article, then please share it with your friends and family & expand the knowledge.
The Chandigarh University course admission is started by the University on 23 Dec 2021 to…
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics Course: Business analytics has become the go-to tool for…
Pure Science Courses: Pure sciences are concerned with the investigation of natural phenomena in order to…
10 Lines on My Father: Fathers play a significant role in every children's life. Every…
10 Lines on Save Environment for Kids: Our environment is the place that provides us…
Yoga Diploma Course: A diploma in yoga is an extensive study on the yogic disciplines…