Best Medical Courses in Canada After 12th: Canada is considered one of the best destinations when it comes to higher studies. The medical courses that are provided in Canada are extremely popular among people who want to pursue their careers in the medical field. It is estimated that more than 12% of students who enrolled for medical studies in Canada are from India and other nations.
To be eligible to study in Canada, students should score 70-80 percent on their board exams and get an IELTS score of 6 or comparable. To be admitted to medical school in Canada, foreign students must also pass an online admissions test known as Medical College Admission Test, or MCAT, with a score of 472 to 528.
If you are planning to study in Canada and want to know about the medical course that the Canadian Universities provide, then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will guide you with all the details related to the Medical Courses in Canada After Class 12th. So let’s begin the article.
- Top Medical Courses in Canada After 12th With Fees
- Medical Courses in Canada after 12th Without Maths
- Short Medical Courses in Canada for International Students
- Top 3 Medical courses in Canada after 12th for Indian Students
- BSc Nursing program in Canada
- MD in Canada
- MBBS in Canada
- Medical Course in Canada After 12th Eligibility
- List of Top 10 Medical Colleges in Canada
- How does Canada fare in terms of medical employment?
- In the medical field, what master’s courses are available in Canada?
- Which medical programs are considered the best in Canada?
- What is the cost of studying medical courses in Canada for foreign students?
- What are the documents required when applying for an MD course in Canada?
Canada attracts a large number of foreign students due to its excellent educational system. The course fees in Canada are much lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. Furthermore, many Canadian colleges offer foreign students scholarships to assist them to save money.
The students who intend to operate research, the country offers outstanding possibilities, and its laws allow students to stay in the country and work for up to three years after graduating from college. In addition, the country assists students in gaining international work experience. Some of the best courses that you can pursue in Canada are:
- Bachelor of Health Science, Master of Science & Doctorate Degrees
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science & Doctorate Degrees, BDS
- BSc Life Sciences, Master of Science & Doctorate Degrees
- Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition/Health Master of Science/Applied Science & Doctorate Degrees
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science/Applied Science & Doctorate Degrees MBBS/MD
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science/Applied Science & Doctorate Degrees, BSc Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in Health
- Bachelor of Athletic & Exercise Therapy
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BSc Psychology
- BSc Life Science.
- BSc Nursing
Although Math is required for admittance to several courses in the Medical Science faculty in Canada, however, an applicant who did not choose Mathematic in their class 12, the university of Canada gives them ample options to choose from the medical courses that do not require mathematics but you need to have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects in your class 12.
Some of the medical courses without mathematics in Canada are listed below:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor in Medical Lab Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Home Science
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Students can obtain an understanding of relevant areas and undertake a career in the healthcare industry by taking short-term medical programs. The majority of these programs last a couple of months; nevertheless, a few of them take a year or even longer to accomplish. Some of the short term courses that you can pursue in Canada are as follows:
- Animal Care Aid Certificate Program
- Massage Therapy Diploma Program
- Certificate in Gerontology
- Human Psychology Program
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Program
Also to give you a brief detail about the course and its structure we have listed a few Medical courses along with their eligibility and course overview.
Here are the three most common and demanded medical courses in Canada after 12th class for Indian students and international students to pursue after 12th class.
1. BSc Nursing program in Canada
2. MD in Canada
3. MBBS in Canada
Students from all over the world are willing to enroll in the BSc Nursing program in Canada. The program lasts for four years. This course is available to foreign learners as a full-time or expedited degree. The course emphasizes the importance of maintaining one’s health through preventative measures and treatment. Clinical practice is an important part of the curriculum of colleges that is provided in the BSc in Nursing program.
- Applicant must complete their 12th-grade education with a minimum score of 65 percent.
- A few universities require students to have English, mathematics, and science as the main subject in their 12th grade.
- Students must complete the CASPer test which is a computer-based evaluation.
- In Language fluency tests, such as the IELTS, students need to score a minimum of 6.5 while the TOEFL exam requires a minimum score of 80.
|Course Name||BSc Nursing in Canada|
|Course Duration||2- 4 years|
|Eligibility||A minimum of 65 percent in 12th grade with English and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.|
|Average Fees||Approx INR 30,22,538- INR 98,23,251, the fees may vary according to the institutions or universities|
In Canada, a Doctor of Medicine (MD) is a 3-5 year degree program that frequently necessitates students to have a prerequisite medical competency, such as a bachelor’s degree in medical sciences. After the completion of this MD Medical Courses in Canada After 12th, you will earn a degree in MD that will entitle you to practice medicine in Canada as a licensed physician.
- Applicant must complete their 12th grade with a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Applicant must have prior university experience and cannot pursue an MD in Canada right after high school graduation.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Biology and chemistry must be included in the undergraduate program.
- Several universities prefer two-year undergrad programs, while others only accept three-year programs.
- To study MD in Canada, a CEGEP certification or diploma is also required.
- An applicant must pass the NEET exam to pursue MBBS in India. Similarly, to pursue an MD in Canada, a student must pass the MCAT exam and be accepted into a medical school in the country.
- To study MD in Canada, the applicant must also pass English proficiency tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- When selected, the applicant must participate in a group discussion as well as individual interviews.
|Course Name||MD(Doctor of Medicine)|
|Course Duration||3- 5 years depends on the universities and colleges|
|Eligibility||10+2 with science stream should pass in MCAT, should pass the personal interview, etc.|
|Average Fees||Approx INR 2,75,695 to INR 54,40,241 the fees completely depend on the type of university you opt for|
In Canada, MBBS is a three- to four-year degree program, and there are also medicine courses in Medicine, Dental care, Healthcare, Pharmaceutics, and other fields. If a student wants to practice medicine in Canada as an International Medical Student (IMS) or International Medical Graduate (IMG), a student must be evaluated by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC). Graduate doctors who have been cleared from a university mentioned in the MCC directory are awarded a Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Applicants for an undergraduate degree should have a bachelor’s degree in Biology or Science with a minimum grade point average.
- A strong performance on English languages proficiency tests such as the IELTS, TOEFL, and others. If you are seeking an undergraduate degree, you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 and a TOEFL score of 80. If you want to pursue a master’s degree, you’ll need a score of 7 on the IELTS and a score of 90 on the TOEFL.
- Applicants must pass the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- To undertake a medical degree or MBBS in Canada, Indian students must pass the NEET exam.
- Aside from that, some academic institutions may require candidates to pass a basic admissions test.
- Applicants must also look into the prerequisites for an Indian student visa in Canada.
|Course Duration||3-4 Years|
|Eligibility||Biology Sciences bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60%|
|Average Fees||Approx INR 68,810,000 to INR 210,044,700 which completely depends on the college and universities|
More Related Articles
- PG Medical Courses in India
- Diploma Courses in Canada
- 2 Years Post Graduate Diploma in Canada
- Architecture Courses in Canada
- Student must have their certificate of class 10th and 12th.
- Students must have a thorough knowledge of science with subjects such as Math, biology, chemistry, physics, and English as well.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- IELTS score of 7 or higher is a must
- The TOEFL score ranges from 85 to 100 which the students must achieve to be considered for admission
- Foreign students must take the MCAT examination along with a personal interview administered by the respective universities.
Although several universities in Canada offer Medical courses, there are some colleges and universities that are considered the best medical institutions in Canada. Hence, we have listed the Top 10 Medical Colleges in Canada for you to choose from:
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- McMaster University, Hamilton
- The University of British Columbia
- University of Montreal
- Ottawa University
- Alberta University
- Calgary University
- Laval University
- Queen’s University
FAQs on Medicine Courses in Canada after 12th for International and Indian students
It’s important to note that the medical and healthcare industry in Canada ranks third in terms of overall employment. The percentage of people employed in the healthcare sector has risen significantly in the last five years.
A variety of master’s courses are available in Canada, including MSc Dental Medicine, MSc Surgery, MSc Pathology, MSc Experimental Medicine, and so on. Hence, Canada is a popular place to study, offering a variety of programs in a variety of medical subjects and specialities. The country offers people the knowledge to practice medicine by ensuring a unique combination of research and practical teaching syllabuses.
The following are some of the best medical programs in Canada:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Cellular and Molecular Medicine
- Master of Science in Gastrointestinal Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy in Gastrointestinal Sciences
- Honors Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Advanced Diploma in Medical Radiation Technology
- Diploma in Health Information Management
Medical school in Canada costs between 20,000 and 60,000 Canadian dollars on average.
The following are some of the documents required to apply for MD in Canada:
- Official and original transcripts/mark-sheet of classes 10th and 12th.
- Original diploma/bachelor’s certificate.
- Scorecard and/or certification of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
- Scorecard of MCAT exam.
- Two academic references
- Passport-sized photographs in formals
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
Doing a Medical Courses in Canada After 12th is a dream come true for many students. The universities of Canada offer a wide range of courses to choose from. They also give an option to pursue medical courses without mathematics as the main subject.
So, if you want to pursue a medical courses after 12th in Canada and possess the required qualification, it’s time for you to apply for your dream course and become a medical practitioner. For more career updates and other course details, visit our comprehensive website @ncertbooks.guru