B.Sc Agriculture Course Details: Are you a science student who loves to improve the agricultural world? Are you looking for the courses which will apt for your dream? Then, here is one of the finest solutions for you, i.e., B.Sc Agriculture course. B.Sc Agriculture course is an undergraduate degree that educates you totally about modern agriculture. If you want to know complete details of B.Sc Agriculture Course, then look at the below modules. Here, you can check out the info like what is B.Sc Agriculture, admission process, eligibility criteria, fee structure, important dates, course duration, career options, job types, salary, etc.
Contents covered in this article about B.Sc Agriculture Course:
- About the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- B.Sc Agriculture Course Details
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Admission Process
- Important Dates of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Entrance Exams
- B.Sc Agriculture Eligibility Criteria
- Fee Structure for B.Sc Agriculture
- B.Sc Agriculture Course Duration
- B.Sc Agriculture Syllabus
- B.Sc Agriculture Subjects
- Popular Colleges List Offering B.Sc Agriculture Program
- Career Prospects For B.Sc Agriculture Graduates
- Earnings Offered For a Graduate of B.Sc Agriculture
- Frequently Asked Questions on BSC Agriculture Course Details
B.Sc Agriculture stands for Bachelor of Science in Agriculture. It is a four-year course that actually covers up the entire parameters of scientific research and implementations of the same in the agricultural and industrial fields. The government of India considered this B.Sc Agriculture course as a professional degree. Candidates should meet the requirements for admission in agriculture courses offered by universities/institutes. The eligibility criteria for the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture course is 50-60% (depends on the institute) in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects as mandatory.
The candidates can opt for the higher education of the same course with more detailed and scientific research which will be very valuable. They can opt for Masters of Science [M.Sc] in Agriculture to gain more knowledge and experience in the field of Agriculture and industry. The B.Sc Agriculture jobs are in the field of the banking sector as Agriculture Specialist Officer, Post of Field Assistant in pesticides and fertilizer cooperation, spices board in Krishi Vigyan Kendra, etc. Also, refer to more information about BSC Agriculture from the below sections.
Also, Refer to the related articles,
Out of many institutes, there are a few like 42 State Agricultural Universities (SAUs), 1 Central Agricultural University (CAU), 5 Deemed Universities (DUs), and 4 general Central Universities who offer B.Sc Agriculture in India. Every year, these universities give admission at UG level in 11 disciplines and over 15,000 candidates get registered for the course specialization. In the below table, we have mentioned some of the important B.Sc course details in the Agriculture field.
|B.Sc Agriculture Full form||
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
|B.Sc Agriculture Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent|
|B.Sc Agriculture Fees||Starts with Rs 5000|
|Course Type||Regular mode / Distance mode|
|Starting salary offered||Avg salary of 2 to 4 lakhs per annum|
|Entrance based on||KEAM, EAMCET|
Admissions in colleges and universities will be offered in two modes for any courses generally. It could be done either based on marks obtained in the qualifying examinations (10+2) or written test held by the university/institution that provides a B.Sc degree in Agriculture.
From the authorized college/university websites, you will get to know about how to apply for the B.Sc Agriculture program along with detailed information like course duration, seat intake, reservation policy, etc.
Candidates who meet the required eligibility criteria can fill the application form for admission to B.Sc Agriculture. The application forms for admission to Bachelor of Science in Agriculture degree can be available either through the college office or from the concerned web portal.
A list of few B.Sc. Agriculture entrance exams conducted for admission to the course mentioned below:
- EAMCET– Conducted for admissions in Agriculture colleges and universities in Andhra Pradesh
- KEAM– Conducted for agricultural colleges in Kerala
- PAU Entrance Exam– Conducted by Punjab Agricultural University for admissions in Agricultural programs.
- IGKV CET– This entrance exam will be held by Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya for offering admissions to qualified candidates in the Agriculture courses.
- ICAR Entrance Exam (ICAR-AIEEA)– It is an agriculture entrance exam implemented by an Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) for admission to 15% seats in Agriculture Universities in Bachelor Degree programs and 100% seats in ICAR Deemed to be Universities and NDRI, Karnal.
Candidates can also check the list of B.Sc. Agricultural Entrance examination 2020 in India and Important Dates from the below table and start your exam preparation accordingly:
|Entrance Examination||Application Start Date||
Date of Examination
|ICAR Entrance Exam (ICAR-AIEEA)||Updated Soon||Update Soon|
|TS EAMCET||6th April 2022||14th, 15th July 2022|
|MP PAT||Updated Soon||Releases Soon|
|JCECE||Releases Soon||Updated Soon|
|AP EAMCET||11th April 2022||11th, 12th July 2022|
|IGKV/ IGAU||Updated Soon||Releases Soon|
|PAU CET||Available Soon||Releases Soon|
|BCECE||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
Aspirants who are willing to pursue the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture should meet the required conditions listed below:
- Education Qualification: Candidates who wish to join in B.Sc Agriculture Course must have to finish their 10+2 schooling education with more than 55 percent marks can apply for this program with a background of science subjects like Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit to pursue the course is 18 years and there is no upper age limit to study B.Sc Agriculture course.
- Admission would be done based on the qualified marks scored in the entrance exams which are conducted by an institute. And the required minimum marks will be varied from one institute to the other.
Note: The eligibility criteria for B.Sc Agriculture may vary from university to university in terms of subject combinations and it also differs for the reserved categories.
Approximately the B.Sc. Agriculture Science program fees range from INR 20000 to INR 30, 000 for 4 years in government-funded institutes. The total fee for the course will be Rs. 35,000 per year on the basis of the college.
|University name||Location of university||Annual fee|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth University||Pune||95K|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya||Jabalpur||16.7K|
|Punjab Agricultural University||Ludhiana||67.5K|
|Sardar Vallabhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology||Meerut||50K|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||Coimbatore||36.9K|
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is a traditional course offered by all private and government Universities/ Colleges for a duration of 4 Years. Colleges will adhere to the Semester Based System and have a total of 8 Semesters 2 in each year.
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Syllabus will support you to understand the subjects and its concepts along with the Indian Legal System. Candidates who wish to join this course should follow the syllabus of Bsc agriculture and start their exam preparation. B.Sc Agriculture Syllabus mentioned here can be followed by any universities or institutes students. Go through the detailed Bachelor of Science Agriculture Syllabus listed below and have a deep understanding of the concepts. Check out the topics you need to cover in the whole 8 Semesters and be prepared for the exams in advance.
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Economics
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Soil Science
- Plant Pathology
- Basic Sciences
- Animal Husbandry
- Extension education
- Food Technology
Check the detailed info from the link given here, B.Sc Agriculture Scope, Subjects, Syllabus 2020
The subjects pursued in the Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] in Agriculture Courses after 12th are listed below:
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Introduction to Computer Applications
- Plant Biochemistry
- Principles of Plant Biotechnology
- Principles of Environmental Sciences
- Production Economics and Farm Management
- Applied Mathematics
- Crop Pests and their Management
- Principles of Analytical Chemistry
- Educational Psychology
- Water Management
- Agricultural Marketing, Trade, and Prices
- Breeding of Field and Horticulture Crops
Here is some popular universities and private B.Sc Agriculture Colleges list and you can pick from the below list based on your requirements. They are as follows:
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi
- Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar
Once you complete your Bachelor of Science in Agriculture course from the best institutes then, you will have huge options to go with. Here we have provided a few career options for B.Sc. Agriculture graduated in both private and government sectors & firms. They are as follows:
- Agriculture Marketing
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- National Seeds Corporation Limited
- Rice Breeder
- Seed Technologist
- State Farms Corporation of India
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Business Development Executive
- Marketing Executive
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Micro-finance institutions
- The financial sector with a focus on agriculture
Course completed individuals can also go for highest studies such as List of M.SC Courses after B.SC Agriculture.
B.Sc Agriculture Job Profiles
There are various types of job opportunities available to graduates of B.Sc Agriculture course are
- Agriculture Officer
- Associate Manager
- Agricultural Lecturer
- Marketing Executive
- Project Manager
- Actuarial Analyst
- Sales Officer
- Subject Matter Specialist
- Management Executive
- Agriculture Portfolio Manager
- Primary Production Manager
- Farming Consultant/Agronomist
- Program Manager
- Research/Fundamental Analyst
The Salary offered to B.Sc Agriculture Graduates may vary based on the experience gained, seniority, and sector of employment. The starting salary offered for B.Sc Agriculture freshers may range between Rs. 15,000 to 30,000 per month. As per the experience, professional skills, and seniority, the graduate of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture can Earn Rs. 60,000 to 80, 000 per month. Students can pursue different Agriculture Science and Technology Courses to get placed in the best companies with the highest salaries.
The basic eligibility is 50-60% in Class XII (Science stream) and the age limit to take admission in the Agriculture B.Sc course is above 18 years. There is no upper age limit required to pursue the course.
Candidates can get admission to B.Sc Agriculture in 2 modes, one is by securing the highest marks in the Qualifying examination (direct Admission) and the other is scoring more than qualifying marks in the entrance test which is undertaken by the college/university. For the admission, the Universities grant merit-based admission to the B.Sc. Agriculture program.
The Salary Scale for B.Sc Agriculture Course is mentioned here in this article. But for the sake of quick read, the average salary offered to Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Agriculture course graduates are given here. It ranges from INR 5 lakhs to 9 lakhs.
Hope you have got enough idea on B.Sc Agriculture Course Details and info like Fee Structure, Duration, Eligibility & Requirements, Colleges List, Job Options, etc. If you need any assistance regarding the same, drop a comment in the below comment box and we’ll help you out at the earliest. Visit our site frequently and get more updates on course details, syllabus, books, exams, and many more.