NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 9 The Snake Trying are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 9 The Snake Trying.
|Subject||English Beehive (poem)|
|Chapter Name||The Snake Trying|
Read the extracts given below and answer the questions that follow each :
The snake trying
to escape the pursuing stick,
with sudden curvings of thin
long body. How beautiful
and graceful are his shapes !
He glides through the water away
from the stroke. (Page 125) (Imp)
(a) How does the snake escape the stick ?
(b) How does its body look ?
(c) How does the snake look when he escapes ?
(d) In what way does the snake move in water ?
(a) He escapes by sudden curvings in its body.
(b) It (Its body) looks long and thin and beautiful.
(c) He looks beautiful and graceful.
(d) He glides through the water.
2. O let him go
over the water
into the reeds to hide
without hurt. Small and green
he is harmless even to children. (Page 125)
(a) Who is Trim’ in the first line ?
(b) Where will the snake be without being hurt ?
(c) How will the snake be to the children ?
(d) Where does the snake hide ?
(a) ‘Him’ is the snake.
(b) He will be so in the reeds.
(c) He will be harmless to them.
(d) The snake hides among the reeds.
3. Along the sand
he lay until observed
and chased away, and now
he vanishes in the ripples
among the green slim reeds. (Page 125) (V. Imp.)
(a) Where does the snake lie ?
(b) What does the snake do in the ripples ?
(c) How do the reeds look ?
(d) Give the meaning of ‘vanishes’.
(a) The snake lies along the sand.
(b) The snake vanishes in the ripples.
(c) The reeds look green and slim.
(d) It is ‘disappears’.
Thinking About the Poem
1. Find out as much as you can about different kinds of snakes (from books in the library, or from the Internet). Are they all poisonous ? Find out the names of some poisonous snakes.
2. Look for information on how to find out whether a snake is harmful.
3. As you know, from the previous lesson you have just read, there are people in our country who have traditional knowledge about snakes, who even catch poisonous snakes with practically bare hands. Can you find out something more about them ?
1. Students can find out this information from books in the library, or from the internet. Not all the snakes are poisonous. Some of the poisonous snakes are : King Cobra, Russell’s Viper, Krait, etc.
2. This information may be obtained from the books in the library or from the Internet. This may also be got from a snake charmer.
3. They are snake charmers. They live mainly in forests. They are wandering tribes. They catch various snakes. They earn their livelihood by showing them to the public. They are a great source of information on snakes.
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 9 The Snake Trying help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 9 The Snake Trying, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution Multiple Choice…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources of Energy Multiple Choice…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12 Electricity Multiple Choice Questions with…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction Multiple…