NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 3 Rain on the Roof are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 3 Rain on the Roof.
|Subject||English Beehive (poem)|
|Chapter Name||Rain on the Roof|
Read the extracts given below and answer the questions that follow each :
I. When the humid shadows hover
Over all the starry spheres
And the melancholy darkness
Gently weeps in rainy tears
What a bliss to press the pillow
Of a cottage-chamber bed
And lie listening to the patter
Of the soft rain overhead ! (Page 41) (Imp.)
II. Every tinkle on the shingles
Has an echo in the heart;
And a thousand dreamy
fancies Into busy being start,
And a thousand recollections
Weave their air-threads into woof,
As I listen to the patter
Of the rain upon the roof. (Page 41) (V. Imp.)
III. Now in memory comes my mother,
As she used in years agone,
To regard the darling dreamers
Ere she left them till the dawn : (Page 41)
IV. O ! I feel her fond look on me
As I list to this refrain
Which is played upon the shingles
By the patter of the rain. (page 41)
II. TEXTUAL QUESTIONS
Thinking About the Poem
I. 1. What do the following phrases mean to you ? Discuss in class.
2. What does the poet like to do when it rains ?
3. What is the single major memory that comes to the-poet ? Who are the “darling dreamers” he refers to ?
4. Is the poet now a child ? Is his mother still alive ?
2. The poet likes to feel the presence of his mother. It is a bliss for him.
3. The poet’s mother is the single major memory that comes to the poet. ‘Darling dreamers’ are those ‘children who dream of their mothers like the poet’.
4. The poet is not a child but is grown-up. His mother is not alive. But he still remembers her much.
1. Yes, I remember my mother used to tuck me in when I was a child. Whenever I said theft I couldn’t walk, she would lift me in her lap and carry me. She used to be worried whenever something happened to me.
2. Yes, I greatly like the rain. I go out in the rain when it is light. But when it rains steadily or heavily, I do not go in it. It is very pleasant to get drenched in rain during summer.
3. Not all have a cosy bed to lie in when it rains. However, the number of persons having such a comfort is increasing. I have seen many persons enjoying rainy season by eating “hot pakoras’.
Various animals are caught in the rain. Many of them keep standing in it. But many go under a cover. People do not go out on the roads when it rains. They stand and wait for it to stop. Rains do bring in some problems. These check people’s activities
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 3 Rain on the Roof help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 3 Rain on the Roof, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
How to Join NDRF in India: Are you some who are currently working in any Security…
How to Join ISRO?: Do space and planets appear fascinating to you? Do you love learning…
How to Join DRDO: Are you someone who loves to do research on defence? If you…
How to Join Gorkha Regiment in India: You must have studied World War-I and World War…
How to Join Indian Air Force: Are you someone who wants to fly a fighter…
How to become An Oncologist in India: Being a doctor is a great responsibility. The…