NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 1 The Road not taken are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 1 The Road not taken.
|Subject||English Beehive (poem)|
|Chapter Name||The Road not taken|
Read the extracts given below and answer the questions that follow each :
I. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth ; (Page 15)
II. Then took the other, just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear ;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same. (page 15)
III. And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day !
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. (Page 15) (Imp.)
IV. I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence ;
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I –
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference. (page 15) ( V. Imp.) (CBSE 2017)
Thinking About the Poem
I. 1. Where does the traveller find himself ? What problem does he face ?
2. Discuss what these phrases mean to you.
3. Is there any difference between the two roads as the poet describes them
4. What do you think the last two lines of the poem mean ? (Looking back, does the poet regret his choice of accept it ?)
1. The traveller finds himself at an intersection of two roads in a forest. His problem is that it is not easy to decide which ‘road’ he should take.
4. The last two lines contain the theme of the poem. These mean that the poet chose one kind of career, though he wanted to choose the other. And this had made all the difference in his life. He now thinks that if he had taken the other one, life would, perhaps, have been different.
II. 1. Have you ever had to make a difficult choice (or do you think you will have difficult choices to make) ? How will you make the choice (for what reasons) ?
2. After you have made a choice do you always think about what might have been, or do you accept the reality ?
1. Yes, I had to make a difficult choice once. It was very difficult to make it. But I had to do it. I had to go out to Chandigarh for an urgent piece of work on one weekend. But I had to postpone it. I thought that if the clerk would not be there what would happen. The next day was a holiday.
I would make the choice for various reasons. These would be like, peace of mind, contentment, livelihood, absence of risk or danger, etc.
2. I accept the reality after making a choice. Sometimes, I face odds or big difficulties. I think of what might have been if this thing had not come on the way. A person really tends to think of the choice made. It happens when one faces problems in the present. It is universal. Problems do keep coming. They make men think of their choices. These may be right or wrong. But choices can’t be redone.
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 1 The Road not taken help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Poem Chapter 1 The Road not taken, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 9 Heredity and Evolution Multiple Choice…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources of Energy Multiple Choice…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 13 Magnetic Effects of Electric Current…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 12 Electricity Multiple Choice Questions with…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 11 Human Eye and Colourful World…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 10 Light Reflection and Refraction Multiple…