NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 4 Chapter 5 Geological Heritage are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 4 Chapter 5 Geological Heritage.
|Subject||English Main Course Book|
|Chapter||Unit 4 Chapter 5|
|Chapter Name||Geological Heritage|
Working to save a Geological Heritage
Look at the photograph given below. This is The Three Stooges, a bizarre rock formation that can be found in Goblin Valley. There are some exceptionally unique rock formations all over the world.
A. Why do you feel such geological structures should be preserved?
(a) They reflect our glorious past.
(b) They are our national heritage.
(c) They can be places of tourists’ attraction.
B. What are the threats to such structures ?
(a) Global warming
(b) Natural disasters
(c) Weathering and erosion.
(d) Using stones or rocks as building material in towns and cities.
The box below contains ten words from the passage. Use them appropriately to fill the blanks in the sentences that follow :
1. While food production has shown only marginal improvement, the demand for food grains, vegetables and fruits has registered an ______ growth the world over, forcing governments to initiate urgent measures to establish a balance between supply and demand.
2. To construct the ______ structure, the builder had to use enormous quantities of concrete.
3. When he returned from the office, he ______ himself in an armchair and asked for a cup of tea.
4. When the teacher saw a student perched ______ on the branch of a tree, she asked him to climb down immediately.
5. The newly appointed office assistant earned the praise of her colleagues for the ______ with which she completed the tasks assigned to her.
6. The new office building was ______ with its bright and fashionable exterior.
7. The pensioner did not get his dues in time on account of the ______ of the officials.
8. The land ______ the post office was procured by the authorities for expanding the building that housed it.
9. Merchants stock up on goods during festival seasons to meet the ______ demand and declare discounts when the sales slacken.
10. During wars armies dig up ______ passages for the movement of troops and supplies unseen by the enemy.
On the basis of your comprehension of the text fill in the following table.
(a) Importance of rocks
Aesthetic importance :
(a) True heritage of Hyderabad
(b) Fascinating shapes
Ecological importance :
(a) Helpful in formation of lakes and ponds
(b) Create natural drainage system of the area
(c) Preserve and nurture bio-diversity and ecological balance
(b) Threats to the geological heritage.
(c) The hope
(i) The efforts of ‘Society to Save Rocks’ led to ……….
the addition of nine rock formations in Regulation No. 13 of Hyderabad Urban Development Authority for the protection of Heritage Buildings Precincts.
(i.i) Challenge to the efforts of‘Society to Save Rocks’ comes in the form of …………..
indifference and apathy of government to conserve rocks as well as conflict between development and protection in the city.
(ii) Individuals have made efforts to preserve the heritage by ………….
integrating rocks by the side of their houses into the structures of their homes and interiors.
Select a historical site in need of conservation, research about its historical significance, identify the threatening factors and suggest ways of preserving the geological heritage. Prepare a power point presentation and make a presentation to the class. (This can be done in groups)
POWER POINT PRESENTATION ON RAM SETHU
Historical Significance :
Sri Rama and history of Ram Sethu
Contemporary Researches :
Threatening Factors and Efforts to protect the Ram Sethu
Prepare a poster on ‘Let’s Preserve Our Heritage’
Students to prepare a poster keeping in mind the above and using the above information. One is given on the next page.
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 4 Chapter 5 Geological Heritage help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 4 Chapter 5 Geological Heritage, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers PDF Free Download is very important for students…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 15 Probability Multiple Choice Questions with…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 14 Statistics Multiple Choice Questions with…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes Multiple…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 12 Areas Related to Circles Multiple…
Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 11 Geometrical Constructions Multiple Choice Questions…