Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science Lifelines of National Economy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Lifelines of National Economy Class 10 MCQ Question 1. What is the name given to the International Airport at Kolkata?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Rajiv Gandhi
(d) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
2. Which one of the following means of transport is used for carrying solids in a slurry form? [Foreign 2012]
Lifelines of National Economy Class 10 MCQ With Answer: c
3. Which one of the following is an inland riverine port? [Delhi 2012]
4. Which one of the following is not the means of mass communication?
(a) Cards and envelopes
5. The longest pipeline connects
(a) Hazira to Kanpur
(.b) Salaya to Jalandhar
(c) Flazira to Jagdishpur
(d) Koyali to Haldia
6. Difference between the total value of exports and imports is called.
(a) Balance of Payment
(b) Balance of Trade
(c) Surplus Budget
(d) Deficit Balance
7. Which one of the following countries has the largest telecom network in Asia?
8. STD refers to
(a) Suburban Telephone Dialing
(b) Subscriber Trunk Dialing
(c) Social Telephone Distributor
(d) Speed Telephone Dialing
MCQ on Lifelines of National Economy Question 9. The first train was steamed off from
(a) Mumbai to Kalyan
(b) Mumbai to Delhi
(c) Mumbai to Thane
(d) Mumbai to Satara
Which One of The Following Is A Subsidiary Port of Kolkata Question 10. Which one of the following is a subsidiary port of Kolkata?
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
11. The first-class mail includes which one of the following?
(a) Book packets
(b) Registered newspapers
(c) Envelopes and cards
(d) Periodicals and journals
Lifelines of National Economy MCQ Class 10 Question 12. The people who make the products come to the consumers by transportation are called ______________ .
13. Which one of the following commodities does not belong to items of export?
(a) Gems and jewellery
(b) Agriculture and allied products
(d) Engineering Goods
14. Which two of the following extreme locations are connected by the east-west corridor? (Textbook)
(a) Mumbai and Nagpur
(b) Silchar and Porbandar
(c) Mumbai and Kolkata
(d) Nagpur and Siliguri
15. Which mode of transportation reduces trans-shipment losses and delays? (Textbook)
MCQ on Lifelines of National Economy Class 10 Question 16. Which one of the following States is not connected with the H.V.J. pipeline? (Textbook)
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
17. Which one of the following ports is the deepest land-locked and well protected port along the east coast? (Textbook)
18. Which one of the following is the most important modes of transportation in India? (Textbook)
19. Which one of the following terms is used to describe trade between two or more countries? (Textbook)
(a) Internal trade
(b) International trade
(c) External trade
(d) Local trade
20. The Golden Quadrilateral Super Highways connect
(a) Delhi-Silchar-Madurai and Gandhinagar
(b) Srinagar-Kanyakumari-Bhopal & Allahabad
(c) Delhi-Mumbai-Chennai and Kolkata
Lifelines of National Economy Question 21. The highway projects in India are being implemented by which organisation?
22. What is the historical Sher Shah Suri Marg now called?
(a) NH 4
(b) NH 1
(c) NH 3
(d) NH 7
23. Which of the following national highways covers most of Rajasthan?
(a) NH 2
(b) NH 34
(c) NH 23
(d) NH 15
MCQ of Lifelines of National Economy Question 24. Roads linking a state capital with different district headquarters are known as
(a) National highways
(b) District roads
(c) State highways
(d) Other roads
25. Which organisation constructs and maintains roads in the border areas?
(c) Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojana
26. How many railway zones are there in our country?
Lifelines of National Economy Class 10 Questions and Answer: b
27. Which one of the following is not an advantage of pipeline transportation?
(a) Pipelines are used for transporting crude oil and gas from fields to refineries.
(b) Solids can be transported in slurry form through pipelines.
(c) Pipelines rule out trans-shipment losses or delays.
(d) Initial cost of laying a pipeline is high.
28. Which of the following regions is suitable to construct railway lines?
(a) Himalaya mountains
(b) Garo, Khasi and Jaintia Hills
(c) The Northern Plains
(d) Rajasthan desert
29. The Konkan railway has connected places situated
(a) along the east coast of India
(b) in the Himalayas
(c) along the west coast of India
(d) in the north-eastern region of the country
MCQ of SST Class 10 with Answer: c
30. Narrow Gauge railway line is found in
(a) the Northern Plains
(b) the hilly areas of Darjeeling, Shillong and Ooty
(c) deserts of Rajasthan
(d) the Central Highlands
31. The width of the broad gauge railway track is
(a) 1.76 metres
(b) 1.67 metres
(c) 1.87 metres
(d) 1.97 metres
32. Which one of the following is the oldest port of the eastern coast of India?
(a) Kolkata (Haldia)
(d) Chennai (Madras)
33. Which of the following is the northernmost international airport in India?
(a) Raja Sansi
(b) Meenam Bakkam
(d) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
MCQ Questions For Class 10 Social Science with Answer: a
34. Which one of the following is the southernmost international airport in India?
(b) Chhatrapati Shivaji
(c) Raja Sansi
(d) Meenam Bakkam
35. Which of the following is not a means of communication?
36. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) First port||(i) Kandla|
|(b) Biggest port||(ii)Mumbai|
|(c) A port located at the entrance of a lagoon||(iii) Tuticorin|
|(d) An inland riverine port||(iv) Kolkata|
|(e) Oldest artificial port||(v) Chennai|
37. ______________ is the largest producer of feature films in the world.
38. ______________ has the lowest density of roads in India.
Explanation: Jammu and Kashmir
39. The two important navigable rivers of India are ______________ the and the ______________ .
Explanation: Ganga and Yamuna
40. ______________ maintains the District Roads.
Explanation: Zila Parishad
41. Maximum numbers of newspapers published in India are in ______________ .
42. The Raja Sansi is the southernmost International Airport. (True/False)
43. Marmagao is the premier iron ore exporting port of Goa. (True/False)
44. International Trade is considered as economic barometer for a country. (True/False)
45. Foreign tourists visit India for heritage tourism, medical tourism, adventure tourism and business tourism. (True/False)
46. Andhra Pradesh has the maximum road density in India. (True/False)
47. Match the columns.
|Column A||Column B|
|(a) Indira Gandhi International Airport||(i) Odisha|
|(b) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose||(ii) Mumbai|
|(c) Chhatrapati Shivaji||(iii) Kolkata|
|(d) Kandla||(iv) Gujarat|
|(e) Paradwip||(v) Delhi|
48. What is the pre-requiste for the fast development of a country?
Explanation: Efficient means of transport
49. What is the Golden Quadrilateral Highway?
It is major road development project linking Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai.
50. Name the extreme locations connected by North-South corridor.
Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) and Kanyakumari (Tamil Nadu).
51. Name the extreme locations connected by the east-west corridor.
Silcher and Porbandar are the extreme locations connected by the east-west corridor.
52. Which organisation implements the highway projects.
National Highway Authority of India
53. What are National Highways?
National highways link all major cities of extreme parts of the country. These are the primary road systems. They are maintained by the Central Public Works Department (CPWD).
54. What are State Highways?
Roads linking a state capital with different district headquarters are known as State Highways. Public Works Department (PWD) in the State and the Union Territories maintains them.
55. What are district roads?
Roads which connect the district headquarters with other places of the district are called district roads. These roads are maintained by the Zila Parishad.
56. Which type of roads received special impetus under Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojanal
Explanation: Rural Roads
57. What is road density?
The length of road per 100 square kms of area is known as road density.
58. Which state has the highest number of roads in India?
Kerala has the highest density of roads in India.
59. Mention one drawback of roads in India.
Most of the bridges and culverts are old and narrow.
60. Name the busiest railway junction in Northern India?
Explanation: New Delhi
61. The Northern plains provide favourable conditions for the growth of a railways. Mention any two.
(a) Vast level plains
(b) High population density
62. Why railway tracks are laid with difficulty in Rajasthan?
It is difficult to lay railway lines on the sandy plains of Rajasthan.
63. In the recent times which railway has been developed along the west coast?
Explanation: Konkan railway
64. Which network of pipelines bring mineral oil to the refinery of Barauni and the petrochemical complex of Haldia?
The Pipeline from the Upper Assam oilfields to Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh brings mineral oil to the refinery of Barauni and the petrochemical complex of Haldia.
65. Why are waterways useful? State any two advantages.
(a) Waterways are the cheapest means of transport.
(b) It is fuel efficient and environment friendly mode of transport.
66. Name any four inland waterways on which substantial transportation takes place.
Mandavi, Zuari and Cumberjua, Sunderbans, Barak and backwaters of Kerala.
67. Which port was the first to be developed soon after Independence to ease the volume of trade on Mumbai Port?
68. Name the port that accounts for about fifty percent of India’s iron ore export.
Marmagao Port in Goa
69. Which port is located at the entrance of a lagoon with a natural harbour?
Name the port on the extreme south western part of India.
Explanation: Kochchi Port
70. Which is the deepest landlocked and well protected part in India?
71. Name the part that serves a large a rich hinterland of Ganga-Brahmaputra basin.
Explanation: Kolkata port
72. Name any two airlines operators that provide domestic air services in India.
Explanation: Indian Airlines and Alliance Air.
73. Give two examples of personal communication.
The two examples of personal communication are letters and phone.
74. Name any two means of mass communication?
Explanation: Radio and Television
75. Why have mail channels been introduced?
For quick delivery of mails in cities and large towns.
76. Give any two examples of second-class mail.
Book, packets, registered newspapers, periodicals etc. (any two)
77. In which language are the largest number of newspapers published?
78. Which authority certifies India and foreign films in India?
The Central Board of Film Certification.
79. What is Trade? [All India 2015, Delhi 2016]
The exchange of goods among people, states and countries is referred to as trade.
80. Which term is used to describe trade between two or more countries?
Explanation: International Trade
81. What leads to unfavourable balance of trade?
When the value of imports of a country exceeds the value of exports, it is termed as unfavourable balance of trade.
82. Which states are important destinations of foreign tourists India?
Rajasthan, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir and Temple touns of South India.
83. Which two factors were responsible for the expansion of trade and transport?
Explanation: Science and technology
84. Give the full form of CPWD.
Central Public Works Department
85. Which two end cities does the National Highway No 7 join?
Explanation: Varanasi and Kanyakumari
86. Who maintains the State Highways?
The State Public Works Department (P. W.D)
87. Why was the Haldia seaport set up?
Haldia seaport was set up to decongest the port of Kolkata as a subsidiary port.
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science Lifelines of National Economy with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
First Flight class 10 NCERT English Book Chapter 1 A Letter to God Chapter 2…
NCERT Books Class 10 Maths: The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) publishes…
Class 9 English Workbook Words and Expressions Solutions Words and Expressions Class 9 Solutions Unit…
Class 10 English Workbook Words and Expressions Solutions Words and Expressions Class 10 Solutions Unit…
Trading Courses in India: Trading courses are specially designed for students eager to learn about the…
Animation and Multimedia Courses: In recent years, animation and multimedia courses have experienced tremendous growth.…