9 Must Read Books for UPSC 2023 Mains As Per IAS Toppers
Here are 9 must read books for UPSC 2023 Mains as per IAS toppers:
1. NCERT Books : The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) books are the most recommended books for UPSC preparation. These books cover the entire syllabus of UPSC Mains in detail and are written by experts in the field.
2. The Hindu Editorials : The Hindu newspaper is one of the most respected newspapers in India and its editorials are a great source of current affairs information. Reading The Hindu editorials will help you stay updated on the latest developments in India and the world.
3. Principles of Economics by N. Gregory Mankiw : This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the basics of economics. It covers topics such as supply and demand, market equilibrium, and economic growth.
4. Indian Polity by M. Laxmikant : This book is a comprehensive guide to the Indian political system. It covers topics such as the Constitution, the Parliament, the Judiciary, and the bureaucracy.
5. History of India by Ramesh Chandra Majumdar : This book is a classic text on the history of India. It covers the entire history of India from the ancient period to the present day.
6. Geography of India by S.K. Singh : This book is a comprehensive guide to the geography of India. It covers topics such as the physical features, climate, vegetation, and population of India.
7. Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh : This book is a comprehensive guide to the Indian economy. It covers topics such as the planning process, the financial system, and the role of the government in the economy.
8. Arthashastra by Kautilya : This book is an ancient Indian text on political science and economics. It is considered to be one of the most important treatises on statecraft in the world.
9. The Making of India by Ramachandra Guha : This book is a comprehensive history of India from the 18th century to the present day. It is written by one of India's leading historians and is a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the making of modern India.
These are just a few of the many books that you can read for UPSC preparation. It is important to find books that you enjoy reading and that will help you understand the different subjects that are covered in the UPSC syllabus.