8 Tips to Improve Mental Math for CAT Exam
1. Master the basics of arithmetic Before you start practicing complex mental math problems.
2. Practice regularly Regular practice is essential for improving your mental math skills.
3. Use estimation techniques Estimation is a powerful tool that can help you solve problems quickly and accurately.
4. Break down problems into smaller steps When faced with a complex problem, break it down into smaller, more manageable steps.
5. Use patterns and shortcuts There are many patterns and shortcuts that you can use to solve mental math problems quickly.
6. Visualize the problem Visualization is a powerful technique that can help you solve math problems more effectively.
7. Practice under timed conditions The CAT exam is a timed test, so it is important to practice mental math problems under timed conditions.
8. Don't be afraid to make mistakes Everyone makes mistakes, and that's okay. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and keep practicing.
Additional tips: – Use a calculator for practice only so you avoid relying on it during the actual test.
– Play math games and puzzles to make learning more fun and engaging.
– Find a study partner or group to practice with and motivate each other.
– Reward yourself for your progress to stay motivated.
– Get enough sleep and eat a healthy diet to support your cognitive function.
– Believe in yourself and your ability to improve your mental math skills.
Remember, improving your mental math skills takes time and effort. Be patient with yourself and keep practicing.