10 Books Every Student Should Read
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee This classic novel tells the story of a young girl named Scout Finch who comes of age in the American South during the Great Depression.
2. 1984 by George Orwell This dystopian novel depicts a future world where the government controls every aspect of people's lives.
3. Animal Farm by George Orwell This allegorical novel tells the story of a group of animals who overthrow their human masters and establish their own farm.
4. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury This dystopian novel tells the story of a future world where books are banned and firemen are tasked with burning them.
5. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger This classic coming-of-age novel tells the story of Holden Caulfield, a teenage boy who is disillusioned with the world around him.
6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald This classic American novel tells the story of Jay Gatsby, a wealthy man who throws lavish parties in an attempt to win back the love of his life, Daisy Buchanan.
7. Lord of the Flies by William Golding This allegorical novel tells the story of a group of British schoolboys who are stranded on a deserted island.
8. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck This novella tells the story of George Milton and Lennie Small, two migrant workers who travel to California in search of a better life.
9. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho This allegorical novel tells the story of Santiago, a shepherd boy who travels from Spain to Egypt in search of treasure buried near the Pyramids.
10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak This historical fiction novel tells the story of Liesel Meminger, a young girl who grows up in Nazi Germany.
These are just a few of the many great books that every student should read. Encourage your students to explore the rich world of literature and to discover the books that will speak to their hearts and minds.