10 Books About Indian Philosophy For Beginners
1. The Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell This timeless classic is a poetic and profound exploration of life, death, duty, and spirituality.
2. The Upanishads by Eknath Easwaran The Upanishads are a collection of ancient texts that explore the nature of reality, the self, and the divine.
3. Indian Philosophy: An Introduction by S. Radhakrishnan This comprehensive introduction to Indian philosophy covers a wide range of topics.
4. The Essential Vedanta by Eliot Deutsch This book provides a clear and concise introduction to Vedanta.
5. Six Systems of Indian Philosophy by Max Müller This classic text provides a detailed overview of the six major schools of Indian philosophy.
6. Indian Philosophy: A Very Short Introduction by John S. Hawley This short and accessible introduction to Indian philosophy provides a quick overview of the key concepts and schools of thought.
7. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Edwin Bryant This classic text is the foundation of yoga philosophy.
8. The Dhammapada by Eknath Easwaran This collection of Buddhist wisdom verses is a classic of Indian literature.
9. Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda This autobiography of a renowned yogi is a fascinating and inspiring tale of spiritual awakening.
10. The Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Nehru This book by India's first prime minister provides a unique perspective on Indian history, culture, and philosophy.
This book by India's first prime minister provides a unique perspective on Indian history, culture, and philosophy. It is a valuable resource for anyone interested in India's rich heritage.