After Plus Two Courses for Science Students: Are you a class 12 student belonging to the science stream? Well, in that case, your head might be full of questions like “What after class 12”? You will be happy to know that there are enough options open for you for education after your board examinations.
Depending on your subjects, you should choose the right course for you. Courses for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) students differ from courses for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology(PCB) students. We have compiled some of the best courses for you. Read on to know more.
- List of After Plus Two Courses for Science Students
- Medical Courses after 12th Science
- After Plus Two Engineering Courses for Science Students
- B.Sc Courses after 12th for Science Students
- BCA Courses After Plus Two for Science Students
- BBA Course After Plus Two for Science Students
- FAQs on After 12th Science Courses List PDF
Some of the most popular courses science students can pursue after their class 12 exams are:
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- BSc (IT & Software)
- B.Sc (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
If you aspire to join the healthcare industry, you should opt for medical courses. It is one of the best fields for students to pursue after their class 12 examinations. The medical field doesn’t only mean doctors; there is a rising demand for paramedics as well. Let us look into the various types of medical or paramedical courses one can pursue after class 12.
Types of Medical Courses for Science Students
Let us look at some of the top medical courses.
1. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – This is one of the most popular medical courses. If you wish to practice medicine or become a surgeon in the future, you should take up this course. The duration of this course is 5.5 years, including one year of a mandatory internship. Admission to MBBS is done through NEET UG followed by counseling.
2. Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) – This course is for medical aspirants who wish to become dentists or dental surgeons in the future. The course duration is about 4.5 years. To get admission in BDS, students must clear the NEET UG exam.
3. Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery(BAMS) – This course blends the traditional methods of treatment with the modern ones to provide treatment to the needy. The course duration is 5.5 years, and the entrance examinations are NNET UG, AP EAMCET, etc.
4. Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) – This undergraduate course provides medical knowledge of homeopathy. Like most medical courses, this course also has a duration of 5.5 years and entrance is done through various examinations like NEET, BVP CET, KEAM, etc.
5. Bachelor of Pharmacy(B.Pharm) – If you wish to work in the pharmaceutical sector, B. Pharm is the right option for you. NEET UG is not required for this course. Various state-level and university-level entrance examinations are conducted for admission. The duration of the course is 4.5 years.
6. Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) – The demand for physiotherapists is surging. The course focuses on the science of physical movements. The duration of the course is 4.5 years, which includes an internship. Admission is done through various state-level examinations (CET), JIPMER, etc.
7. B.Sc in Nursing – Nursing is a very respected profession. The course gives detailed knowledge of nursing to the students. It is a 4-year undergraduate degree. Mostly, the respective colleges/universities conduct their own entrance examinations.
8. Diploma of Pharmacy (D.Pharm) – This is a two years course. Major entrance exams are GPAT and AU AIMEE.
Top Colleges for Medical Courses for Science Students
- Christian Medical College (Vellore)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences( New Delhi)
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Science (Delhi)
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences (Mangalore)
- KGMU Lucknow – King George’s Medical University.
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences – NIMHANS Bangalore
Apart from these, there are various government and private colleges which provide medical education to the aspirants.
Career Options for Medical Courses for Science Students
The demand for healthcare workers is always high. After completion of the course, medical students can start working in the healthcare sector. Alternatively, they can also opt for higher education (a master’s degree).
Get a comprehensive list of Course Details belonging to various streams all under one place so that you can decide on your favorite course easily.
Engineering is a very popular course for science students after their class 12 exams. There are numerous options from which you can choose. Now, let us explore the engineering world.
List of Engineering Courses for Science Students after 12th
Some of the top engineering courses are:
- B. Tech Electrical Engineering
- B. Tech Computer Science Engineering
- B. Tech Information Technology Engineering
- B. Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B. Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- B. Tech Automobile Engineering
- B. Tech Biotechnology
- B. Tech Food Technology
- B. Tech Metallurgical And Materials Engineering
- B. Tech Chemical Engineering
- B. Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Eligibility of Engineering Courses after 12th for Science Students
- Students must have completed their class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their subjects.
- A minimum of 50% marks is necessary for class 12 exams to be eligible to sit for the various entrance exams.
Admission Process for Engineering Courses for Science Students
Some of the most popular engineering entrance examinations are
- JEE Mains & Advanced
- SRM JEE
The admission process varies for different colleges.
Top Colleges for Engineering Courses after 12th for Science Students
Lakhs of students compete for the IITs and NITs every year. In total, there are 23 IITs and 31 NITs. Apart from that, colleges like IISER, Indian School of Mining (ISM ) Dhanbad, IIITs, Jadavpur University, and VIT are the top-rated ones.
Engineering Courses Career Options after Plus Two for Science Students
B.Tech graduates find it very easy to secure a job. The massive demand for technology graduates in the private as well as government sectors results in a good recruitment drive in almost all engineering colleges. Alternatively, students can pursue higher education instead of joining a job immediately after graduation.
The BSc program offers a wide range of subjects. This undergraduate degree forms a foundation base for students who want to pursue their careers in Science. The duration of the BSc Courses is mostly 3 years. Admission is done based on entrance exams or merit.
List of B.Sc Science Courses
There are numerous B.Sc courses. We have shortlisted the most popular ones for you.
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Agriculture
- BSc Economics
- BSc Statistics
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Botany
- BSc Psychology
- BSc Microbiology
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Physics
- BSc Zoology
- BSc Biochemistry
- BSc Anthropology
- BSc Fashion Designing
- BSc Geology
Career Options after 12th for B.Sc Science Students
A B.Sc graduate can either apply for jobs in the private or government sector or can go for higher studies. If they don’t want to pursue an MSc, they can opt for MCA or MBA.
BCA is a three-year undergraduate degree program that imparts knowledge on computer applications and software engineering. It is a very popular alternative to B.Tech. Admission to BCA is done by both merit and entrance-based exams. Top BCA colleges demand a minimum of 50% marks in class 12 exams.
BCA graduates easily seek a job in the IT sector. Job profiles include software developer, web designer, system analyst, etc. BCA graduates may also pursue higher education, for example, MCA.
BBA is a three-year undergraduate, professional course in business management. Most BBA colleges require a minimum of 50% in the class 12 exams as an eligibility criterion.
Admission is done based on both the entrance exam and merit-based.
A BBA graduate can work in various domains like Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, etc. MBA is a choice for most BBA Graduates.
1. Which is the best course after plus two science?
Depending on your choice, you can select medicine, engineering, BCA, or BSc courses, to name a few, for your undergraduate. All of the above courses are rewarding in their own way.
2. What should a science student do after 12th?
A class 12 science student can enroll in the various science undergraduate programs. Top courses are MBBS, B.Tech, BCA, B.Sc, etc. There are also diploma courses for students to opt for.
3. What are the top 10 courses after plus two science?
Courses like MBBS, B.Sc, B.Tech, BBA, BCA, B.Arch, B.Pharm, BDS, B.Sc (Nursing), and BPT are in high demand. They provide ample job opportunities as well as higher education options.
Numerous options are available for the Science stream students after their class 12. Depending on their choices, they should choose the right one for them. We hope we could help you choose one!